Accessing Committee Papers
How to access papers
View and Download papers from the website
- Find papers for a meeting by browsing the meeting list or calendar of meetings.
- Search committee documents for keywords or phrases.
- View forthcoming decisions (Forward Plans) and past decisions.
- View recently published documents.
Automatically download committee papers to your tablet device
The modern.gov app is free to download and is available for Windows, Android and Apple devices. This app allows you to subscribe to automatically receive documents for the committees of your choice. You can also use this app to sign up to the committees of other public authorities including some neighboring councils. Download the app now:
View or Request Paper Copies
Read paper copies at Wembley Library and Willesden Green Library or contact Governance Services to request a paper copy:
Brent Civic Centre
What can you access?
Agenda – this will list all the items of business for discussion at a meeting and will be published to the website at least 5 clear days in advance of the meeting.
Reports – most significant agenda items will be supported by a report. If the Committee is being asked to make a decision, the report will explain what that decision is, why it is being proposed and will identify any alternative options to be considered. Reports are published with the agenda, except where the following applies:
- Sometimes a report will not be made available for members of the public to view as it contains confidential or exempt information (as defined by the 1972 Local Government Act as amended). Further information can be found in the council's Constitution.
Minutes – this is the formal record of the meeting approved by the committee. At each meeting the committee will consider the minutes of the previous meeting. Once approved, minutes are published to the website.
Decisions - for Cabinet, Council and some committees, the decisions taken at each meeting are published as soon as possible following the meeting.
Forward Plan - the forward plan is published regularly and contains a list of decisions to be taken by Cabinet and Cabinet committees at forthcoming meetings.