Appointments to Committees and Outside Bodies along with the appointment of Chairs/Vice Chairs (if any)
To agree any appointments to Committees, Joint Committees, Forums, Panels and Outside Bodies (if any); and the appointments of Chairs/Vice Chairs (if any) in accordance with Standing Order 30(g).
AGREED the changes in appointments to Committees and Outside Bodies as detailed in the supplementary paper.
The Mayor referred Members to the supplementary pack circulated in advance of the meeting, which contained a list of changes to appointments on Council Committees, Sub Committees and other bodies.
It was RESOLVED that the following appointments be approved:
(2) Councillor Tom Miller to replace Councillor Neil Nerva as a substitute Member of General Purposes Committee.
(3) Councillor Elliot Chappell to replace Councillor Abdi Abdirazak as full Member of Planning Committee.
(4) Councillor Abdi Abdirazak to replace Councillor Kieron Gill as a substitute Member of Planning Committee.
(5) Councillor Suresh Kansagra to replace Councillor Reg Colwill as a full Member of the Health and Wellbeing Board
(6) Councillor Tom Miller to replace Councillor Eleanor Southwood as a substitute Member of the Health and Wellbeing Board
(7) Councillor Tom Miller appointed by Leader to replace Councillor Shama Tatler as a full Member of the Joint Boroughs IT Committee (Brent, Lewisham and Southwark).
(8) Appointment of Councillor Fleur Donnelly-Jackson to the vacant position as Vice Chair of Brent Connects Willesden
(9) Councillor Ahmad Shahzad to replace Councillor Keith Perrin as a full Member of the Pensioners Service User Consultative Forum.
(10) Whilst noting the following appointments would need to be made by the General Purposes Committee, Council agreed to amend Standing Order 51 of the Constitution to allow two additional members to be appointed as substitutes to the following Sub Committee in line with the increase in size of the Cabinet from 8 to 10 members:
(a) Senior Staff Appointments Sub Committee – to note the proposed increase in the number of substitute members by two with General Purposes Committee to agree the appointment of Councillors Tom Miller and Shama Tatler as the additional substitute members.
(11) To note the recommendation to General Purposes Committee that:
(a) Councillor Mary Daly and Councillor Thomas Stephens replace Councillor Ahmad Shahzad and Councillor Erica Gbajumo as full members of the Brent Pension Fund Sub Committee; and
(b) Councillor Shafique Choudhary replace Councillor Keith Perrin as a full Member of the Brent Pension Board with Councillor Keith Perrin to replace Councillor Shafique Choudhary as a substitute member of the Pension Board.
(12) To appoint Councillors Elliot Chappell, Fleur Donnelly-Jackson and Tom Miller to the three current vacancies on the Willesden Consolidated Charities for a four year term of office.
(13) To appointCouncillors Elliot Chappell, Fleur Donnelly-Jackson and Tom Miller to the three current vacancies on the Willesden District Scout Committee.
(14) To confirm the ongoing appointment of Councillor Amer Agha as the Council’s representative on South Kilburn Trust
Before moving on, Councillor Abdi advised he wished to raise a number of concerns regarding his removal as a member of the Planning Committee, given what he felt to be the detrimental impact on his constituents and residents of the borough. The Mayor advised Councillor Abdi that his concerns had been noted and then moved on to the next item of business.