Reference of item considered by Scrutiny Committees (if any)
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Leader of the Council advised that he had agreed to accept an additional request to speak at the meeting from Councillor Kennelly regarding the Healthy Neighbourhood proposals.
Cabinet noted the comments made by Councillor Kennelly who, whilst supportive of the environmental and public health aims supporting Healthy Neighbourhoods, highlighted concerns regarding local community engagement in the design and introduction of the trial schemes and requested further details in relation to:
· The response from the Emergency Services to the consultation on the proposals;
· The criteria under which the outcome of each trial would be assessed prior to any final decision being taken about their introduction on a permanent basis;
· How the proposals had been risk assessed and account taken of comments submitted as part of the Active Travel interactive consultation;
· The process for seeking to engage the local communities in the design and implementation of the trial schemes; and
· The funding bids submitted in relation to the scheme.
It was agreed that details of the information being sought would be submitted to the Lead Member Regeneration, Property & Planning. Cabinet also noted the comments made in response, highlighting the context in which the proposals had been introduced and consultation and engagement undertaken with local ward councillors, which had been developed to include regular feedback on each scheme.
Publication date: 13/10/2020
Date of decision: 12/10/2020
Decided at meeting: 12/10/2020 - Cabinet