Brent Local Implementation Plan (LIP) Submission for 2020/21
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To note the provisional LIP allocation and
approve the proposed 2021/19 programme of schemes
(1) To note the content of this report and Brent’s 2020/21 provisional allocation of £2,247,000.
(2) To approve the proposed 2020/21 programme of LIP Corridors, Neighbourhoods and Supporting Measures schemes through application of the prioritisation matrix, as described in the report and, subject to TfL approval in December 2019, give approval to the Head of Highways & Infrastructure to deliver this programme of schemes and initiatives using the allocated budget and resources available.
(3) To authorise the Head of Highways & Infrastructure to undertake any necessary statutory and non-statutory consultations in consultation with the Lead Member for Regeneration, Property and Planning, and to consider any objections or representations regarding the proposed schemes.
(4) To delegate authority to the Head of Highways & Infrastructure in consultation with the Lead Member for Regeneration, Property and Planning to make the decision on whether to deliver the proposed schemes following consideration of the objections and representations in the consultation process. If, in the opinion of the Head of Highways & Infrastructure significant objections are raised, he is authorised to refer such objections to Cabinet for further consideration and make a decision on whether to deliver the proposed schemes.
(5) To note that the scheme allocations are provisional and that schemes may be subject to change during development and following the consultation process.
(6) To authorise the Head of Highways & Infrastructure, in consultation with the Lead Member for Regeneration, Property and Planning, to vire scheme allocations where necessary (e.g. pending the outcome of detailed design and consultation) within the overall LIP budget, and in accordance with the Council’s financial regulations.
(7) To authorise the Head of Highways and Infrastructure to deliver schemes that receive any additional in-year funding as approved by Transport for London, subject to the outcome of consultation, and to brief the Lead Member for Regeneration, Property and Planning, as appropriate.
Reason Key: Signficant expenditure/savings of £500k or more;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Sandor Fazekas, Projects Development Manager, Highways and Infrastructure 020 8937 5113 Email: email@example.com Tel: 020 8937 5113.
Report author: Rachel Best
Publication date: 11/11/2019
Date of decision: 11/11/2019
Decided at meeting: 11/11/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 19/11/2019