Inclusive Growth in Harlesden Town Centre
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Proposed capital investment in the town centre to deliver new workspace, cultural and community space, as well as associated public realm improvements.
(1) To approve the release of council capital investment to deliver inclusive growth in Harlesden. Details of the total sum and the breakdown of the capital investment are contained within Appendix 1.
(2) To approve £0.5m of revenue to take forward capacity building in Harlesden Town Centre with the local business community and stakeholders, having noted that the council had bid for an additional £0.5m from the GLA Good Growth Fund to increase this capacity building fund.
(3) To support the Methodist Church to bid for £0.5m of Neighbourhood Community Infrastructure Levy (NCIL), having noted that the council had also bid for £0.5m from the GLA Good Growth Fund to increase the project fund to £1m to deliver the full scope of the proposed project for this asset.
(4) To note that without the sources of funding identified above the proposed works to the Methodist Church cannot take place. If part of the total required funding is not secured, then work will need to be undertaken by the Church to select which works are prioritised.
Wards Affected: Harlesden;
Contact: Matthew Dibben, Head of Employment, Skills and Enterprise Email: email@example.com Tel: 020 8937 1815.
Report author: Matthew Dibben
Publication date: 11/11/2019
Date of decision: 11/11/2019
Decided at meeting: 11/11/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 19/11/2019
- 9. Cabinet Paper_Investment in Harlesden (v0.5)_Exemptions PDF 182 KB
- Restricted enclosure View reasons restricted
- 9b. Appendix 2 - Community Consultation PDF 51 KB
- 9c. Appendix 3 - Picture Palace Concept Drawing PDF 2 MB
- 9d. Appendix 4 - Methodist Church Concept Drawing PDF 3 MB
- 9e. Appendix 5 - Longer term proposals PDF 43 KB
- 9f. Appendix 6 - Designworks concept drawing PDF 3 MB
- 9g. Appendix 7 - map of Harlesden sites PDF 4 MB
- 9h. Appendix 8 - Town Centre Property Acquisition - Guidance Notes DRAFT 26.09.2019 PDF 98 KB