Development of Family Hubs
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To present the outcome of the consultation on Family Hubs.
i) Cabinet agrees to the development into Family Hubs of those sites listed in Table 1 below for the reasons detailed in the report and particular in paragraph 6.10 of the report.
Current Children’s Centre sites proposed to become Family Hubs
ii) Cabinet agrees that the sites detailed in Table 2 below will cease Children’s Centre provision, and seek alternative usage options for the reasons detailed in the report and in particular in paragraph 6.10 of the report.
Current sites proposed to end existing Children’s Centre provision from,
seeking alternative usage options:
iii) Cabinet approved an approach to manage Family Hubs as set out in the report and in particular in paragraph 6.21 of the report, with health services being commissioned and the majority of other services being brought in-house.
iv) Cabinet delegated authority to the Strategic Director, Community Wellbeing in consultation with the Lead Member for Public Health, Culture and Leisure to tender and award a contract(s) to deliver health services from Family Hubs as detailed in appendix 4.
v) Cabinet delegated authority to approve requests to the Strategic Director, Children and Young People to Tender and Award some specific services to be delivered from Family Hubs as detailed in appendix 4.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Nigel Chapman, Operational Director Integration & Improved Outcomes Email: email@example.com Tel: 020 8937 4456.
Report author: Nigel Chapman
Publication date: 15/10/2019
Date of decision: 14/10/2019
Decided at meeting: 14/10/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 22/10/2019
- 18. Outcome of Family Hubs Consultation Report PDF 388 KB
- 18a. Appendix 1 Development of Family Hubs Cabinet PDF 412 KB
- 18b. Appendix 2 Suggestions of possible Family Hubs sites Cabinet PDF 8 MB
- 18c. Appendix 3 Profiles of Brent Children's Centres Cabinet PDF 4 MB
- 18d. Appendix 4 - Family Hub model options and narrative PDF 108 KB
- 18e. Appendix 5 Consultation report Cabinet PDF 107 KB
- 18f. Appendix 6 Updated Equality Analysis Cabinet PDF 138 KB