Award of a Contract for Merchant Acquiring Services
This report concerns the Merchant Acquiring Service. The merchant acquiring service is critical to receiving income from credit card and debit card payments to the council. The merchant acquiring service is the service that takes the payment instructions given to Brent by its customers and taxpayers, and uses these instructions to obtain the money and transfer this to Brent. This service also provides many of the CHIP and PIN machines used by the council to collect card payments.
This report requests authority to award a contract as required by Contract Standing Order 88. This report summarises the process undertaken in tendering this contract and, following the completion of the evaluation of the tenders, recommends to whom the contract should be awarded.
Decision type: Key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 13/02/2018
Anticipated restriction: Part exempt - View reasons
Explanation of anticipated restriction:
Appendix 1 of the report is not for publication as they relate to the following category of exempt information as specified under Part 1, Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972, namely Paragraph 3 “Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information)”
Decision due: Not before 14 May 2018 by Strategic Director, Resources
- 16/05/2018 - Award of a Contract for Merchant Acquiring Services
- Urgency Procedure Form - Award of a Contract for Merchant Acquiring Services PDF 223 KB
- Officer Report - Award of a Contract for Merchant Acquiring Services PDF 155 KB
- Restricted enclosure View reasons restricted
- Officer Report - Award of a Contract for Merchant Acquiring Services - APPENDIX 2 PDF 128 KB