Issue - decisions
School Place Planning Strategy 2019-23 Refresh
(1) To note the refresh of the School Place Planning Strategy 2019-2023 detailed within Appendix 1 of the report.
(2) To note that the forecasts for primary places would remain fairly steady over the next five years.
(3) To note that the indicative programme timeline for the proposed secondary school expansion programme, presented to Cabinet on 14 October 2020, had been amended to allow time to review refreshed forecast demand information in Spring 2021.
(4) To note that there remained significant and increasing demand for places that meet the needs of children and young people with SEND aged 0-25 and the planned strategies for addressing this need.
(5) To note the concerns about the impact of COVID-19 on Early Years provision and the strategies to support the sector.