School Place Planning Strategy 2019-23 Refresh
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider an update to the School
Planning Strategy 2019 - 2023 that was
approved by Cabinet in November 2018
(1) To note the refresh of the School Place Planning Strategy 2019-2023 detailed within Appendix 1 of the report.
(2) To note that the forecasts for primary places would remain fairly steady over the next five years.
(3) To note that the indicative programme timeline for the proposed secondary school expansion programme, presented to Cabinet on 14 October 2020, had been amended to allow time to review refreshed forecast demand information in Spring 2021.
(4) To note that there remained significant and increasing demand for places that meet the needs of children and young people with SEND aged 0-25 and the planned strategies for addressing this need.
(5) To note the concerns about the impact of COVID-19 on Early Years provision and the strategies to support the sector.
Reason Key: Affects more than 2 wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Brian Grady, Operational Director, Safeguarding, Partnerships & Strategy Email: Brian.Grady@brent.gov.uk Tel: 0208 937 4173.
Report author: Brian Grady
Publication date: 09/11/2020
Date of decision: 09/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 09/11/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 17/11/2020