Authority to Invite Tenders for an Adult Social Care Homecare Framework
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
permission to tender for Home Care implementation Framework
This framework will include Home Care providers who will support the current Home Care model in Brent to add capacity.
The report will
also request authority to tender for Reablement Services. This framework will cover
short term reablement care, currently
being delivered by spot purchased providers.
(1) To approve inviting tenders for a homecare framework for services for adults with disabilities on the basis of the pre-tender considerations set out in paragraph 3.22 of the report.
(2) To approve Officers evaluating the tenders referred to in (1) above on the basis of the evaluation criteria set out in paragraph 3.22 of the report.
(3) To approve the contractual period for homecare framework as two years, with an option to extend for periods of up to a further two years.
(4) To agree that funding is made available to pay homecare workers under the homecare framework at the London Living Wage from year 1 of the contract.
(5) To delegate authority to award the homecare framework to the Strategic Director, Community Wellbeing in consultation with the Lead Member for Adult Social Care.
(6) As an additional recommendation, to consider how user feedback could be incorporated as part of the quality standards and annual review process for the framework set out within section 3.14 of the report.
Reason Key: Affects more than 2 wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Andrew Davies, Head of Commissioning, Contract and Market Management Email: email@example.com Tel: 020 8937 1609.
Report author: Edwin Mensah
Publication date: 18/07/2022
Date of decision: 18/07/2022
Decided at meeting: 18/07/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 26/07/2022