Resident Support Fund
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Resident Support Fund to replace Local Welfare
Assistance with wider eligibility, support and advice to residents
including financial inclusion, employment support and development
and digital inclusion.
The view being supporting residents with early intervention and prevention with financial stability and sustainability.
(1) To agree to discontinue the current Local Welfare Assistance (LWA) scheme.
(2) To approve the revision of the Resident Support Fund (RSF) to begin 1 April 2021 as set out in section 5 of the report.
(3) To delegate to the Strategic Director for Customer and Digital Services, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Housing and Welfare Reform, authority to agree eligibility criteria for the new Resident Support Fund from 1 April 2021 to administer and award grants and loans.
(4) To approve the continuation of an interest free loan arrangement as set out in section 7 of the report.
(5) To approve payment to the Credit Union of such sums remaining in the Council Tax – Covid – 19 Hardship Fund 2020 – 21 and at such frequency as the Director of Finance considers appropriate from which Covid-19 Support Fund Loans will be made and delegate to the Director of Finance in consultation with the Director of Legal, HR, Audit and Investigations authority to finalise the terms of the investment.
(6) To agree to transfer all remaining funds from the existing Local Welfare Scheme to the Resident Support Fund scheme.
Reason Key: Signficant expenditure/savings of £500k or more;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Asha Vyas, Head of Customer Access, Management (Customer Services) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 8937 2705.
Report author: Asha Vyas
Publication date: 08/03/2021
Date of decision: 08/03/2021
Decided at meeting: 08/03/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 16/03/2021