General Update Report
Decision Maker: Barham Park Trust Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To update Members on operational issues at
Barham Park and on current progress on projects.
(1) To note the issues set out in the report.
(2) To note and agree to the proposal to the underletting of Unit 8 of the Barham Park Building (The Children’s Centre) by Brent Council’s Children and Young People Service to a voluntary sector provider, namely the Young Brent Foundation, on the same rental terms pursuant to the lease in respect of Unit 8 between the Barham Park Trust and Brent Council and subject to the satisfactory clearance of financial checks.
(3) To delegate authority to the Operational Director - Environmental Services in consultation with the Chair of the Trust Committee, to decide upon the proposal for rent abatement and deferrals from the Veterans in respect of quarters 2 and 3 for the year 2020/21 in respect of Unit 2 of the Barham Park Building, the details of which need to be finalised and the proposal for rent abatement and deferral from ACAVA in respect of quarters 2 and 3 for the year 2020/21 in respect of Units 3, 5, 6, 9 and 10 of the Barham Park Building. In addition, to note that such decisions would take into account the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government Guidance and the Charity Commission Guidance as set out in paragraph 3.15 of the report.
(4) To delegate authority to consider and decide upon any further requests for rent abatement or deferral in respect of the Units at the Barham Park Building that are arising from the Covid-19 Pandemic to the Operational Director - Environmental Services, in consultation with the Chair of the Trust Committee and note that such decisions will take into account the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government Guidance and also the Charity Commission Guidance as set out in paragraph 3.15 of the report.
(5) To note and agree to the proposal to approval the installation of signs in Barham Park to inform and to facilitate cycling.
Contact: Chris Whyte, Operational Director, Environmental and Employment Services Leslie Williams, Project Officer, Parks Service, Regeneration & Environment, Brent Council. Email: Leslie.Williams@Brent.gov.uk Tel: 020 8937 5628. firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 8937 5342, Leslie Williams, Project Officer Leslie.Williams@brent.gov.uk Tel: 020 8937 5628.
Report author: Chris Whyte
Publication date: 16/09/2020
Date of decision: 01/09/2020
Decided at meeting: 01/09/2020 - Barham Park Trust Committee
Effective from: 09/09/2020