Barham Park Strategic Property Review
Decision Maker: Barham Park Trust Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To provide an update on the Barham Park Strategic Property Review including the position regarding the restrictive covenant relating to 776 – 778 Harrow Road.
(1) To note the outcomes from the architect’s feasibility study commissioned by the Council on behalf of the Trust, as detailed within the report.
(2) To delegate authority to the Director for Environment and Leisure Services in consultation with the Chair of the Trust Committee to:
(a) Obtain detailed costings of the preferred option presented in the architect’s report including a cost/benefit analysis and financial appraisal of the proposed scheme.
(b) Undertake detailed analysis of the legal risks associated with the proposed scheme and the means as to their mitigation and management.
(c) Prepare a draft investment strategy to establish the Council’s ability to fund the refurbishment proposal and prepare an outline delivery plan for consideration by the Trust.
(3) To agree for the Director for Environment and Leisure Services in consultation with the Chair of the Trust Committee to report back the findings and recommendations to the next available Trust Committee, outlining the suggested interventions, the amount of funding required to deliver the whole Estate option being recommended by RLB, and the potential financial options that would enable delivery of the scheme.
(4) To agree to hold in abeyance the letting/lease renewal of units 2, 7 and 8 until such time as the Director for Environment and Leisure Services has considered the viability of progressing the proposed scheme, with an update being provided at the next available Trust Committee.
(5) Agree for the Director for Environment and Leisure Services in consultation with the Chair of the Trust Committee to negotiate in principle the variation of the restrictive covenant in respect of 776 and 778 Harrow Road for the best terms that can reasonably be obtained, subject to final approval by the Trust Committee, and any approval required by the Charity Commission under the Charities Act 2022 and 2011.
Wards Affected: Wembley Central;
Contact: Amin Soorma, Estate Surveyor, Property Email: email@example.com Tel: 020 8937 4204.
Report author: Amin Soorma
Publication date: 06/09/2023
Date of decision: 05/09/2023
Decided at meeting: 05/09/2023 - Barham Park Trust Committee
Effective from: 13/09/2023