General Update Report
Decision Maker: Barham Park Trust Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To update on operational issues at Barham Park and on current progress on the building and other projects.
Noted the verbal updates provided from the following individuals and organisations who had requested to speak at the meeting:
· Lorna Gemmell – (representing ACAVA) highlighting the work and being undertaken through ACAVA and need to ensure meaningful consultation with all tenant organisations on further development of the Feasibility Study and Strategic Property Review on the Barham Park building.
· Jane Ryan – (as a local artist using a studio provided through ACAVA) highlighting concerns relating to security of the Barham Park building and the impact on current users.
· Chris Murray – (representing Young Brent Foundation) highlighting the work of the charity and supporting the concerns raised in relation to security of the Barham Park building given issues being caused by an individual persistently gaining illegal access to the property.
· Mr J M Patel – (representing Barham Park Veterans Club) – highlighting the work of the club and links to the local community and seeking support in securing accessible access and the ongoing maintenance of the building.
· Shivakumar Gurung – (representing Tamu Samaj UK) highlighting the work of the organisation and range of activities being offered for all sections of the local community with the request made for an extension of their lease to further support development and use of the facility.
· Francis Henry – (representing Friends of Barham Library) highlighting the work of the organisation and seeking clarification on the potential impact relating to the outcome of the Feasibility Study and Strategic Property Review and plans to engage with current tenants within the Barham Park building.
The Chair advised that the issues raised had been noted and would be responded to as appropriate. In moving on to then consider the General Update report it was RESOLVED to note the issues set out in the report along with the co-ordinated multi-agency approach being developed to address the security concerns which had been identified.
Wards Affected: Wembley Central;
Contact: Leslie Williams, Project Officer Email: Leslie.Williams@brent.gov.uk Tel: 020 8937 5628.
Report author: Leslie Williams
Publication date: 06/09/2023
Date of decision: 05/09/2023
Decided at meeting: 05/09/2023 - Barham Park Trust Committee
Effective from: 13/09/2023