Post-16 Skills Resource Centre
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the proposal to develop a split
site Post-16 Skills Resource Centre for young people and young
adults with special educational needs
Cabinet RESOLVED to:
(1) Approve the development of the Welsh Harp Centre for a Post-16 Skills Centre as detailed in this report, on the basis of the funding model to meet the Welsh Harp Centre revenue costs as detailed in Section 4 of the report, recognising the invest to save benefits of the proposal.
(2) Agree that £3m capital cost for the Welsh Harp project is funded from the High Needs Capital Grant.
(3) Agree to delegate authority to the Corporate Director, Children and Young People, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Children, Young People and Schools to approve the Capital Project Business Case.
(4) Agree in principle to the proposal to develop the Airco Close site for both special school provision and the Post-16 Skills Resource Centre. This is subject to discussions with the Compass Learning Partnership and the London Regional Director for Education regarding satellite special school provision on the Airco Close site.
(5) Note that officers will return to Cabinet with a detailed business case for the Airco Close development proposal based on the outcome of feasibility work for the Post-16 Skills Resource Centre and special school provision.
Reason Key: Affects more than 2 wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Shirley Parks, Director - Safeguarding, Partnerships and Strategy Email: Shirley.Parks@brent.gov.uk Tel: 020 8937 4529.
Report author: Shirley Parks
Publication date: 22/05/2023
Date of decision: 22/05/2023
Decided at meeting: 22/05/2023 - Cabinet
Date comes into force if not called in: 31/05/2023
Call-in deadline date: 30/05/2023
Current call-in Count: 0