Continuing the business rates discount for London Living Wage accredited employers
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Continuing with the Business Rates Discount for accredited LLW employers introducing a wider package of incentives.
(1) To agree to renew the business rates discount for Living Wage Accredited Employers for a further three years and approve the policy as set out in Appendix A of the report.
(2) To note the proposed dialogue with a broader range of businesses, bearing in mind the nature of Brent’s businesses base as set out in paragraphs 3.1 to 3.14 of the report. The Good Work Standard Group, which represented Brent’s diversity of businesses, would inform and drive the campaign to enable credible business to business communication.
(3) To note the proposed targeted communications campaign; the Council’s offer of support to small and micro business, as set out in paragraph 3.27 of the report; and the Council’s offer of priority spaces to businesses committed to joining Brent’s Good Work Standard Business Management/Network. The suite of incentives would be endorsed by the Good Work Standard Group and could be piloted through the network and the Council’s weekly newsletter, which currently reached over 13,500 businesses.
Contact: Ala Uddin, Head of Employment, Skills and Enterprise Email: Ala.Uddin@brent.gov.uk Tel: 020 8937 2135.
Report author: Ala Uddin
Publication date: 13/03/2023
Date of decision: 13/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 13/03/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 21/03/2023
- 13. Continuing the business rates discount for London Living Wage accredited employers PDF 559 KB
- 13a. Appendix A - Criteria for Awarding NNDR Discount to Businesses Accredited with Living Wage Foundation PDF 109 KB
- 13b. Appendix B - Members of the Brent Good Work Standard Working Group PDF 87 KB
- 13c. Appendix C - London Boroughs ranked by % of below LW jobs PDF 21 KB