Procurement of Mechanical & Electrical Services works contract for Council Housing
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval for the variation of the existing contract and an extension, and approve inviting tenders for technical consultancy to manage the preparation and specification for the procurement of the new contract.
In addition, to delegate authority to approve the pre-tender considerations, evaluation, and award the contract for electrical and mechanical services works to the Corporate Director Resident Services, in consultation with the Lead Member for Housing, Homelessness and Renters Security.
(1) To note the Mechanical & Electrical Services works (M&E) Contracts detailed in the table of paragraph 3.6 of the report were coming to an end but would be extended. The Council was aiming to procure the new Qualifying Long-Term Agreements within a maximum period of 12 months. The existing contracts would need to be extended to align with the re-procurement process, with the new contracts awarded commencing March 2024.
(2) To note that pursuant to delegated powers officers were procuring a suitably experienced Technical Consultancy that would manage the preparation of the specifications and support the procurement of the new M&E contracts.
(3) To approve inviting tenders for the M&E Contracts detailed in the table in paragraph 3.6 of the report.
(4) To delegate authority to the Corporate Director of Resident Services, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Housing, Homelessness and Renters Security, to agree pre-tender considerations in respect of the M&E Contracts referred to in (3) above and thereafter evaluate tenders on the basis of the agreed evaluation criteria.
(5) To delegate authority to the Corporate Director of Resident Services, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Housing, Homelessness and Renters Security, to award M&E Contracts referred in (3) above.
(6) To approve the allocation of £64 million exclusive of VAT over a period of 10 years from revenue and capital to fund the M&E Contracts referred to in (3) above, in accordance with the detail set out in paragraph 3.6 of the report.
(7) To note that the Council would undertake consultation with leaseholders and Recognised Tenants Associations pursuant to Section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 (as amended), as set out in paragraph 7.4 of the report.
Reason Key: Affects more than 2 wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Giuseppe Coia, Head of Property Services Email: Giuseppe.Coia@brent.gov.uk Tel: 020 8937 2652.
Report author: Giuseppe Coia
Publication date: 13/03/2023
Date of decision: 13/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 13/03/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 21/03/2023