School Place Planning Strategy 2019-23 Refresh
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider an update to the School PlacePlanning Strategy 2019 - 2023 that was approved by Cabinet in November 2018.
(1) To approve the refresh of the School Place Planning Strategy 2019-2023 provided as Appendix 1 of the report.
(2) To note that the current forecasts for primary places would remain fairly steady over the next five years.
(3) To accept the recommendation that the Secondary School Expansion Programme, presented to Cabinet on 14 October 2020, does not proceed as the latest forecasts indicated that additional secondary places were not required.
(4) To note the planned strategies for addressing the significant and increasing demand for places that meet the needs of children and young people with SEND aged 0-25.
(5) To note the concerns about the impact of COVID-19 on Early Years provision and the strategies to support the sector.
Reason Key: Affects more than 2 wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Brian Grady, Operational Director, Safeguarding, Partnerships & Strategy Email: Brian.Grady@brent.gov.uk Tel: 0208 937 4173.
Report author: Brian Grady
Publication date: 08/11/2021
Date of decision: 08/11/2021
Decided at meeting: 08/11/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 16/11/2021