Draft Budget 2023/24
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
to set out the Council’s budget
proposals for 2023/24 and beyond.
(1) To note the overall financial position, as set out within the report.
(2) To approve consultation on the new budget proposals, as set out in Appendices A and B of the report.
(3) To agree to consult on a Council Tax increase of 2.99% (consisting of a 1.99% general increase plus 1% for the Adult Social Care Precept) in 2023/24.
(4) To endorse the approach to the statutory process of consultation, scrutiny and equalities between November 2022 and February 2023, as set out in Section 8 of the report.
(5) To endorse the changes to the technical budget assumptions underpinning the budget, as set out in Section 4 of the report.
(6) To note the position with regard to the funding for Schools and the Dedicated Schools Grant, as set out in Section 9 of the report.
(7) To note the rent increase for 2023/24 would be subject to the outcome of the government consultation on the proposed rent cap, as set out in Section 10 of this report.
(8) To note the position with regard to the Capital programme, as set out in Section 11 of the report.
Reason Key: Affects more than 2 wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Minesh Patel, Corporate Director Finance and Resources Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 8937 4043.
Report author: Ravinder Jassar
Publication date: 14/11/2022
Date of decision: 14/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 14/11/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 22/11/2022