Refurbishment of Granville New Homes
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval to procure technical consultancy to manage the design, procurement and delivery of the refurbishment works in the properties, and to approve procurement of a contractor to undertake refurbishment works. In addition, to approve the allocation of the budget from the existing capital budget to fund the technical consultancy and works.
(1) To agree the criteria for the works as set out in Section 4 of the report.
(2) To approve the inviting of tenders and awarding the contract to a suitably experienced Technical Consultancy that will manage the design, procurement and delivery of the refurbishment works to the properties based on the pre - tender considerations set out in paragraph 8.4 of the report.
(3) To delegate of the award of the contract for Technical Consultancy to the Corporate Director, Residents Services in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Housing, Homelessness & Renters Security.
(4) To delegate approval of the procurement, pre tender consideration, evaluation and contract award to a suitably experienced Contractor that will undertake the refurbishment works to the properties, to the Corporate Director, Residents Services in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Housing, Homelessness & Renters Security.
(5) To approve the allocation of £26.4m inclusive of VAT from capital to fund the Works and Technical Consultancy services in accordance with the detail set out in the report.
Reason Key: Signficant expenditure/savings of £500k or more;
Wards Affected: Kilburn;
Contact: Ryan Collymore, Head of Service - Housing Management Property Email: Ryan.Collymore@brent.gov.uk.
Report author: Giuseppe Coia
Publication date: 14/11/2022
Date of decision: 14/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 14/11/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 22/11/2022