School Place Planning Strategy 2019-23 Refresh
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider an update to the School Place Planning Strategy 2019 – 2023 that was approved in Cabinet in November 2018.
(1) To approve the refresh of the School Place Planning Strategy 2019-2023 as detailed within Appendix 1 of the report.
(2) To note that Planning Areas had been reviewed to align with the new ward boundaries and that Planning Area 5 had been divided into two Planning Areas to support analysis of school places in the south of the borough.
(3) To note current forecasts for primary and secondary places indicated a fall in demand in the short term, with larger impacts on some planning areas than others.
(4) To note there remained significant and increasing demand for places that meet the needs of children and young people with SEND aged 0-25, and the planned strategies for addressing this need (including the SEN Capital Programme of £44.19m approved by Cabinet in January 2022).
(5) To note the reported impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Early Years provision and the strategies to support recovery in the sector.
Contact: Shirley Parks, Director - Safeguarding, Partnerships and Strategy Email: Shirley.Parks@brent.gov.uk Tel: 020 8937 4529.
Report author: Shirley Parks
Publication date: 14/11/2022
Date of decision: 14/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 14/11/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 22/11/2022