Consultation on Admissions Arrangements for Community Schools for 2024-2025
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Consultation on Admissions Arrangements for Community Schools in Brent for 2024 – 2025.
(1) To approve consultation on the following changes to the Admission Arrangements for Brent Community Schools for 2024/25:
(a) the removal of all admission criteria determined by catchment area, and their replacement with criteria for all siblings and all other children;
(b) a change to lift the priority of the children of staff criterion to before siblings;
(c) expansion of the Medical and Social Needs criterion to include consideration of the medical or social needs of family members with caring or parental responsibility for an applicant.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Shirley Parks, Director - Safeguarding, Partnerships and Strategy Email: Shirley.Parks@brent.gov.uk Tel: 020 8937 4529.
Report author: Shirley Parks
Publication date: 14/11/2022
Date of decision: 14/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 14/11/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 22/11/2022
- 13. Cabinet Report Admissions Consultation 2024-25 PDF 159 KB
- 13a. Appendix 1 – List of Primary Community Schools in Brent PDF 6 KB
- 13b. Appendix 2 – Determined Oversubscription Criteria for Brent Community Schools in 2023-2024 PDF 218 KB
- 13c. Appendix 3 – Proposed Oversubscription Criteria for Brent Community Schools in 2024-2025 PDF 214 KB