Capital Investment Programme for School Place Sufficiency for Children and Young People with SEND
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve a Capital Investment Programme to meet the demand for SEND school places by construction of a new build SEND School, Additionally ResourcedProvision (ARP), expansion of existing SEND schools and capital improvement projects.
(1) To approve the SEN Capital Programme as detailed within the report.
(2) To allocate £44.19m of capital funding to deliver the programme.
(3) To delegate authority to approve the project business cases to the Strategic Director of Regeneration and Environment in consultation with the Strategic Director of Children and Young People and the Director of Finance.
(4) To delegate authority to agree pre-tender considerations, procure and award the necessary technical, consultancy and services contracts valued in excess of £2m and works contracts valued in excess of £5m to the Strategic Director, Regeneration and Environment, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Schools, Employment and Skills and the Strategic Director for Children and Young People.
(5) To note that further reports would be brought forward providing updates on progress on the delivery of the programme.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Nigel Chapman, Corporate Director Children and Young People Email: email@example.com Tel: 020 8937 4456, Nick Ljustina, Director of Property & Assets Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 8937 5025.
Report author: Nigel Chapman
Publication date: 18/01/2022
Date of decision: 17/01/2022
Decided at meeting: 17/01/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 25/01/2022
- 07. SEND Capital Programme Business Case PDF 517 KB
- 07a. Appendix A - SEND Capital Programme Business Case Work Streams PDF 124 KB
- 07b. Appendix B - SEND Capital Programme Business Case High Level Programme GANTT PDF 578 KB
- 07c. Appendix C - SEND Capital Programme Business Case Programme Risk Log PDF 681 KB