Amendments to the Housing Allocation Scheme
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Approval to implement changes to the Housing
Allocation Scheme, following statutory consultation.
(1) To approve the following changes to the current Allocations Scheme:
(a) Change 1: Give reasonable preference to homeless households as set out in paragraphs 6.2 to 6.4 of the report;
(b) Change 2 - Give priority to existing Council tenants, who need a transfer, to bid for all new build properties as set out in paragraphs 6.5 to 6.12 of the report;
(c) Change 3 - Emergency Management Transfers as set out in paragraphs 6.13 to 6.19 of the report;
(d) Change 4 - Transfers due to Overcrowding as set out in paragraphs 6.20 to 6.24 of the report;
(e) Change 5 - Award Priority Band A to Special Guardians as set out in paragraphs 6.25 to 6.28 of the report;
(f) Change 6 - Decant moves for essential repair as set out in paragraphs 6.29 to 6.33 of the report.
(2) To note and give due regard to the content of the Equalities Impact Assessments, as set out within Appendices 2 & 3 of the report.
(3) To delegate authority to the Strategic Director Community Wellbeing to implement the proposed changes to the Council’s Allocation Scheme as set out in paragraph (1) above.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Laurence Coaker, Head of Housing Needs Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 8937 2788.
Report author: Laurence Coaker
Publication date: 18/01/2022
Date of decision: 17/01/2022
Decided at meeting: 17/01/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 25/01/2022
- 13. Amendments to the Housing Allocation Scheme PDF 235 KB
- 13a. Appendix 1 - Allocation Scheme Consultation Results PDF 433 KB
- 13b. Appendix 2 - Equalities Impact Assessment - Give reasonable preference to homeless housholds PDF 1011 KB
- 13c. Appendix 3 - Equalities Impact Assessment - Transfers PDF 1 MB