Neighbourhood Community Infrastructure levy (NCIL) +100 K Project Approval
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
to request that Cabinet approves the
allocation of Neighbourhood CIL (NCIL) funds for 5 community
projects from round one of the 2020/21 NCIL programme.
Cabinet RESOLVED to approve the:
(1) To approved the following NCIL allocations:
· £227,272.30 for Ultra Education CIC - It Takes a Village – Black Caribbean Boys of Excellence project: Working across families, schools and communities addressing the root cause of the underachievement of Black Caribbean Boys
· £197,561.95 for Asian Women's Resource Centre(AWRC) - Revitalise Project: To refurbish the AWRC building in Harlesden so that it was inclusive, accessible, welcoming , safe and comfortable for women, girls and children to access a range of holistic support services offered under one roof.
· £197,561.95 for Mobs Ventures Ltd / Slenky Powering Change – Social, Mobile Engagement and Ethical AI Project: Developing and imbedding a digital programme aimed at engaging young people in new skills and employment that development has brought to the borough.
· £146,698.63 for EACH Counselling and Support, Strive Project: A mental health support programme for BME people to recover from the impact of Mental Health, Domestic Violence and Substance Misuse. Providing culturally sensitive Education Training Employment and counselling support.
(2) Following on from (1) above to note that the final stage in the process would involve the Grants Manager giving further scrutiny to ensure a deliverable measurable outcome analysis was completed, in conjunction with the organisation/Brent Council. This would form part of a signed funding agreement to be regularly monitored. If the outcomes were not in line with Brent Council priorities and not agreed, the funding offer may be withdrawn.
Reason Key: Affects more than 2 wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Kate Lambert, Partnership Funding Officer Email: email@example.com Tel: 02089371170.
Report author: Kate Lambert
Publication date: 07/12/2020
Date of decision: 07/12/2020
Decided at meeting: 07/12/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 15/12/2020