Draft Budget 2021/22
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The purpose of this report is to set out the
Council’s budget proposals for 2021/22 and beyond.
(1) To note the overall financial position, as set out within the report.
(2) To consult on the new budget proposals, as set out in Appendices B and C of the report.
(3) To consult on a Council Tax increase of 4.99% in 2021/22.
(4) To endorse the approach to the statutory process of consultation, scrutiny and equalities between December 2020 and February 2021, as set out in Section 6 of the report.
(5) To endorse the changes to the technical budget assumptions underpinning the budget, as set out in Section 4 of the report.
(6) To note the position with regard to the funding for Schools and the Dedicated Schools Grant, as set out in Section 7 of the report.
(7) To consult on a rent increase of 1.5% (CPI + 1%) for the 2021/22 Housing Revenue Account budget, as set out in Section 8 and Appendix D of the report.
(8) To note the position with regard to the Capital programme, as set out in Section 9 of the report.
Reason Key: Affects more than 2 wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Minesh Patel, Director of Finance Email: email@example.com Tel: 020 8937 4043.
Report author: Ravinder Jassar
Publication date: 07/12/2020
Date of decision: 07/12/2020
Decided at meeting: 07/12/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 15/12/2020
- 7. Draft Budget 2021-22 PDF 239 KB
- 7a. Appendix A Savings Delivery Tracker 2020.21 - 2022.23 PDF 160 KB
- 7b. Appendix B Summary of new budget proposals 21.22 - 22.23 PDF 118 KB
- 7c. Appendix C Detailed Budget Proposals 21.22 - 22.23 PDF 187 KB
- 7d. Appendix D Summary of HRA business plan 2021-22 PDF 130 KB