Cricklewood Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
We the undersigned petition the council to immediately reverse the road closures in Cricklewood made as part of the roll-out of Low Traffic Neighbourhoods across Brent that have been implemented without prior resident consultation or adequate notification. The schemes this petition refers to are the Olive Road LTN and the Dollis Hill LTN. The road closures have been instigated under 'Emergency Covid-19 Regulations' but in both areas deliver no benefit in terms of social distancing or providing a more conducive environment for walking and cycling. The schemes create an unfair increase in pollution and traffic for some roads as well as direct traffic towards junior and infant schools. They therefore fail to achieve the objectives set out by the government and represent a clear misappropriation of public funds.
We demand Brent Council commits to the following before implementation of any future traffic reduction schemes;
1. A full public consultation in each area including provision
of modelling data and metrics to show they have addressed potential
pitfalls, including unwanted traffic displacement and full details
of how the effects of any changes will be evaluated with a detailed
2. Traffic is not to be displaced from one set of residential streets to others, resulting in an increase in vehicle pollutants through idling in added congestion.
3. A full and thorough Equality Impact Assessment for each area takes place which includes surrounding roads before any changes are implemented.
4. Road changes should not unfairly disadvantage anyone living in the area, (particularly groups protected by the Equality Act 2010) either now or at any time in the future.
5. Road closures and modal filters must not divide communities; or adversely affect incomes of local businesses on which many residents depend (including the most vulnerable), so they become unprofitable and risk closure.
6. Emergency services should be fully consulted and their concerns addressed to ensure they do not experience any delays due to displaced traffic or poorly positioned barriers
7. A full public consultation prior to any installation of ANPR for LTN purposes.
Started by: SARAH DEVER
This ePetition runs from 05/03/2021 to 05/06/2021.
228 people have signed this ePetition.