Issue - decisions
1. The joint written response provided by the Lead Members for Community Safety & Engagement and Regeneration, Property & Planning to a question submitted by Councillor Kelcher regarding the action being taken to prevent the proliferation of Adult Gaming Centres across the borough. As Councillor Kelcher had submitted his apologies for absence no supplementary question was raised.
2. The written and supplementary verbal response provided by the Deputy Leader and Lead Member for Resources to a question submitted by Councillor Johnson in relation to the social value commitments being generated through the Council’s Procurement Strategy and way in which the Strategy was being used to support the response to the Climate and Ecological Emergency in conjunction with other London Boroughs.
3. The written and supplementary response provided by the Lead Member for Schools, Employment and Skills to a question submitted by Councillor Sangani regarding measures being undertaken by the Council to expand SEND school places and provision across the borough and to lobby the Government to ensure the necessary level of funding was provided to support this process.
4. The written response provided by the Lead Member for Regeneration, Property & Planning to a question submitted by Councillor Maurice regarding the planning consent and development work on the Preston Library site. In response to a supplementary question the Director of Legal, HR, Audit & Investigation clarified the position in relation to the outcome of the legal challenges regarding the granting of planning consent for the development.
Responses were also provided by the relevant Lead Members on the following additional questions raised during the open session of this part of the meeting:
· Councillor Mahmood regarding the Council’s response to the Nationality and Border Bill currently being considered by Parliament.
· Councillor Agha regarding problems being experienced with delays in the notification of covid test results and difficulties in being able to clarify these by phone.
· Councillor Chan regarding the support available from the Council in seeking to address, with TfL, concerns raised following a local campaign by residents in Kensal Green and parents of children who attend Kenmont Primary School about the crossing and traffic related issues at the Harrow Road junction with Wrottesley Road.
· Councillor Georgiou regarding the Council’s policy on development of tall buildings, with specific concerns identified in relation to Alperton, how the policy impacted on the measures being taken to address the Climate and Ecological Emergency and response to the GLA Planning & Regeneration Committee’s review in relation to the impact of Tall buildings.
· Councillor Miller regarding the steps being taken to address the issues highlighted in the findings of a recent Ombudsman complaint regarding a case involving disabled accessibility within temporary accommodation. The Mayor advised that as the Lead Member for Housing and Welfare Reform had needed to submit her apologies for the meeting a written response would be provided.
· Councillor Chan regarding the process undertaken in developing the Council’s tree felling and replanting programme.
· Councillor Kansagra seeking further clarification on the outcome of the legal challenges in relation to the granting of planning consent for the Preston Road library development. As the Lead Member for Regeneration, Property & Regeneration had needed to submit her apologies for the meeting the Director of Legal, HR, Audit & Investigations advised that she would arrange for a written response to be provided clarifying the position.
· Councillor Miller regarding the measures being undertaken to support the recruitment and retention of both adult and children’s social care staff.
· Councillor Maurice seeking clarification as to whether the Council was developing proposals for introduction of a borough wide Controlled Parking Zone.