Issue - decisions
Variation of long stop date in respect of Community Asset Transfer at Tenterden Pavilion & Sports Ground, Preston Road HA3 0QQ
09/11/2020 - Variation of long stop date in respect of Community Asset Transfer at Tenterden Pavilion & Sports Ground, Preston Road HA3 0QQ
1. The comments made by Mr Scott Wade (representing Forest United Youth FC) who had requested to speak on the item. Whilst not objecting to principle of the Community Asset Transfer in respect of Tenterden Pavilion and Sports Ground concerns were highlighted in relation to the delay in progressing the following issues, which the Club felt still made the feasibility of the proposal from their perspective uncertain:
· Provision of commensurate car parking capacity;
· Certainty and security of access to outdoor playing facilities.
2. The progress made in terms of planning approval having been obtained for the scheme and proactive way forward identified by the Cabinet Member for Regeneration, Property & Planning in terms of resolution of the outstanding issues highlighted by Forest United Youth Football Club. These included the lease arrangements, car parking and use of the outdoor facilities, with the drainage issues identified now also having been addressed with Sports England.
Having noted the comments raised, Cabinet RESOLVED:
(1) To delegate authority to the Strategic Director of Regeneration and Environment to agree the terms and vary the longstop date to 3 years from the Wembley Education Charitable Trust (WECT) obtaining planning approval. The condition being that the WECT would be required to obtain planning approval by September 2021, commence works, and secure funding shortly thereafter, therefore the longstop date for completion of the development would be September 2024.
(2) To note that the WECT had met the 27 June 2016 community use caveat, with provisional terms agreed with Forest United Youth FC, allowing them to occupy an area within the new sports facility and to provide wider community access to the new sports facility when not operationally required by the WECT.
Things to do online
- Decisions for issue Variation of long stop date in respect of Community Asset Transfer at Tenterden Pavilion & Sports Ground, Preston Road HA3 0QQ
- What's new
- Committee decisions
- Officer Decisions
- Forward plans
- Your Councillors
- Your MPs
- Election Results
- Outside bodies
- Search documents
- Subscribe to updates