Issue - decisions
Budget & Council Tax 2020/21-2022/23
NOTED the deputation received from Katie Barringer (Brent Trees) and additional comments made by Councillors Kelcher in summarising the key themes from the Budget Scrutiny Task Group report and Councillor Johnson.
RESOLVED that Cabinet:
(1) Agree to recommend to Full Council an overall 3.99% increase in the Council’s element of council tax for 2020/21, with 2% as a precept for Adult Social Care and a 1.99% general increase.
(2) Agree to recommend to Full Council the General Fund revenue budget for 2020/21, as summarised in Appendix A of the report.
(3) Agree to recommend to Full Council the cost pressures and technical adjustments detailed in Appendix B of the report.
(4) Agree to recommend to Full Council the savings detailed in Appendix C of the report.
(5) To note the report from the Budget Scrutiny Panel in Appendix D of the report. In addition, Cabinet agreed at the meeting to recommend to Council that any overall underspend across the General Fund accrued at the end of March 2020 be ringfenced and bought forward as proposals for spending on the climate change emergency.
(6) To agree the HRA budget for 2020/21, as set out in section seven of the report.
(7) To agree the HRA rents for council dwellings, tenant service charges and garages, as set out in section seven of the report.
(8) To agree the rents set under the Housing General Fund for Brent Housing PFI and traveller’s site pitches and to note the rents for Hillside dwellings as set out in section seven of the report.
(9) To note the Dedicated Schools Grant as set out in section eight of the report.
(10) To note the advice of the Director of Legal, HR, Audit and Investigations as set out in Appendix E of the report.
(11) To agree, and where relevant agree to recommend to Full Council, the schedule of fees and charges set out at in Appendix F of the report.
(12) To note the results of consultation as set out in section six and detailed in Appendix G of the report.
(13) Note and approve the specific recommendations to Full Council as detailed in section 2.13 – 2.29 of the report.