Issue - meetings
Borough Plan 2021-2022
Meeting: 08/02/2021 - Cabinet (Item 8)
8 Borough Plan 2021-2022 PDF 98 KB
This reports presents the draft Borough Plan 2021-22, setting out the Council’s vision, strategic priorities and actions for review prior to their referral onto Full Council for adoption on 22 February 2021.
- 8a. Appendix 1 - Draft Borough Plan 2021-2022, item 8 PDF 1 MB
- 8b. Appendix 2 - Draft Equality Strategy Action Plan 2021-2022, item 8 PDF 1 MB
(1) To agree the draft Borough Plan, as set out in Appendix 1 of the report and draft equality strategy action plan, as set out in Appendix 2 of the report, and to refer them to Full Council for adoption on 22 February 2021.
(2) To agree that Cabinet will continue to monitor implementation of the Borough Plan.
Councillor McLennan, as Deputy Leader and Lead Member for Resources, introduced a report setting out the vision, strategic priorities and action within a refresh of the Borough Plan for 2021/22.
Members noted that the refresh of the Borough Plan 2021/22 set out how the Council would take forward the delivery of the five key strategic priority areas over the final year of the current Administration. It included refocussed actions against each priority reflecting work since the adoption of the previous version of the Plan and drawing on the experience of the pandemic. As specific examples, Councillor McLennan referred to proposed actions to tackle homelessness, reduce health inequalities, provide youth opportunities, tackle the climate emergency and deliver employment and training support as well as the Black Community Action Plan. It was also noted that that the draft Plan reflected the Council’s Equality Strategy 2019-23, ensuring equitable access to public functions, employment and work, goods and services, premises, associations, transport and education.
Having considered the draft Borough Plan 2021/22, it was RESOLVED that Cabinet:
(1) Agree the draft Borough Plan, as set out in Appendix 1 of the report and draft Equality Strategy Action Plan, as set out in Appendix 2 of the report, and refer them to Full Council for adoption on 22 February 2021.
(2) Agree to continue monitoring implementation of the Borough Plan.