Issue - meetings
Q4 Performance Report 2019/20
Meeting: 20/07/2020 - Cabinet (Item 17)
This report and the performance scorecard (Appendix A) set out the position on the Council’s performance in the fourth quarter of 2019/20.
Cabinet RESOLVED to:
(1) note the performance information contained in the report along with the planned review and refresh of priorities within the Borough Plan.
(2) note the current and future strategic risks associated with the information provided along with the remedial actions identified in relation to them.
(3) Continue challenging progress with responsible officers as necessary.
Councillor McLennan (Deputy Leader and Lead Member for Resources) introduced the report which outlined the authority’s performance over the past year against the Borough Plan 2019-2023. Cabinet’s attention was drawn to areas where the authority had performed well, for example the rising attainment levels of Black Caribbean Boys. In light of the challenges of COVID-19 members noted that the Borough Plan would be subject to further review in order to reflect issues highlighted by the pandemic, for example in health inequalities. Whilst acknowledging the positive progress made against the metrics included in the plan, and agreeing to the desire for metrics that were more challenging, Cabinet also recognised that many of the current targets were outside of Member’s direct control.
It was RESOLVED that Cabinet
(1) Note the performance information contained in this report, along with the planned review and refresh of priorities within the Borough Plan
(2) Note the current and future strategic risks associated with the information provided and agree remedial actions on strategic risks identified in relation to them.
(3) Continue to challenge progress with responsible officers as necessary.