Issue - meetings
School Place Planning Strategy 2019-23 Refresh
Meeting: 11/11/2019 - Cabinet (Item 13)
This report provides Cabinet with a refresh of the School Place Planning Strategy 2019-2023 which was approved by Cabinet in November 2018.
(1) To approve the refresh of the School Place Planning Strategy 2019-2023 provided as Appendix 1.
(2) To note that following a reduction in demand, the demand for Reception places is expected to gradually increase over the next five years. This demand will be met by current school place capacity.
(3) To note that demand for secondary places is increasing with a need for an additional 10 forms of entry by 2023/24 to meet forecast demand and ensure there is sufficient capacity to manage in-year admissions and unanticipated demand. Planning is underway to provide additional capacity through a combination of new schools and school expansions.
(4) To note that demand for places that meet the needs of children and young people with SEND aged 0-25 is expected to increase and the planned strategies for addressing this need.
(5) To note the strategies for developing Early Years provision.