Questions from the Opposition and other Non-Cabinet Members
Decision Maker: Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. The written and supplementary verbal response provided by the Deputy Leader to a question submitted by Councillor Ahmed regarding the continued support being provided for local residents and businesses as part of the Covid-19 recovery programme.
2. The written and supplementary verbal response provided by the Lead Member for Environment to a question submitted by Councillor Hylton in relation to the progress being made in building back better as part of the commitments contained within the Council’s Climate Emergency Strategy and involvement of local businesses in the Brent Environmental Network.
3. The written and supplementary response provided by the Lead Member for Housing & Welfare Reform regarding progress in addressing the findings contained within the report from the Independent Poverty Commission and with specific reference to food poverty.
4. The written and supplementary verbal response provided by the Lead Member for Environment to a question submitted by Councillor Maurice regarding representations being made to TfL on extension of the ULEZ and its impact on residents accessing the Household Waste and Recycling Centre at Abbey Road.
Responses were also provided by the relevant Lead Members on the following additional questions raised during the open session of this part of the meeting:
· Councillor Kelcher regarding residents’ concerns around noise and pollution from the funfair in Roundwood Park.
· Councillor Georgiou regarding the support available to help home-based small and micro businesses during the pandemic.
· Councillor Kennelly regarding the support available to leaseholders affected by the cladding scandal and efforts to ensure it did not happen again.
· Councillor Thakkar regarding what had been learned from the vaccination rollout and concerns around the effects of Long Covid.
· Councillor Afzal regarding how the Council would be working with its partners to tackle discrimination and abuse in football on social media.
· Councillor Mahmood regarding the introduction of ULEZ charges in the borough.
· Councillor Choudhary regarding the actions being taken by the Council to provide a Covid-19 economic recovery programme.
· Councillor Long regarding how the Council would be working with Thames Water to resolve rainwater drainage issues across the borough and specifically within Willesden Green.
· Councillor Kennelly regarding the funding available to tackle violent crime within hotspots identified in the north of the borough.
· Councillor Georgiou regarding whether the Deputy Leader would be willing to meet with residents who had felt excluded from pandemic-related grant funding.
Publication date: 16/07/2021
Date of decision: 12/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 12/07/2021 - Council