Mayor's Announcements (including any petitions received)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. The statement made by the Chief Executive prior to the start of the Mayors Announcements relating to the scenes around Wembley Stadium in the build up to the UEFA Championship final on Sunday 11 July 21. Referring to the unacceptable nature of the scenes witnessed, the Chief Executive advised of the work being undertaken with partners at the FA, Police and within the Wembley Safety Advisory Group to review what had happened in order to avoid anything similar being experienced and improve the management of future major events at Wembley. Turning to the more positive nature of the championships, the opportunity was also taken to congratulate the England Team for their achievements and inspiration provided both off and on the pitch and to thank all those involved for the work in ensuring the overall tournament was delivered successfully.
2. The announcements which followed from the Mayor in relation to:
· The thanks expressed on behalf of members to all staff and partners involved in the safe delivery of the UEFA Euro 2020 Championship matches at Wembley Stadium.
· The result of the Brondesbury Park by-election and welcoming Councillor Grahl as the newly elected member to the Council.
· The Queen’s Birthday Honours List & MBE awarded to Councillor Southwood
· The Royal British Legion 100th Anniversary
· The Garden Studios Tour
· The Visit to Vaccine Centres and delivery events
· The Windrush Day celebrations
· The NHS Social Care & Frontline Workers Day
· The Srebrenica Memorial Event
Publication date: 16/07/2021
Date of decision: 12/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 12/07/2021 - Council