Brent Youth Parliament
Purpose of committee
Brent Youth Parliament (BYP) represents over 77,000 children and young people living in the borough and encourages them to express their views and have a say on decisions that affect them.
The parliament is made up of 72 young people aged between 10 and 19 from all walks of life who represent:
· local primary, secondary and special schools
· youth groups and sports clubs
· targeted groups including children and young people with disabilities, children in care and young people who are seeking asylum or have refugee status
· young people who are not in education, employment or training
· young people who attend pupil referral units or are home schooled.
BYP meets at Brent Civic Centre on the last Saturday of every month to discuss and campaign on issues that affect young people.