20/1151 All Units at Dowlings Parade, HNS Autos and Delta Hand Car Wash, Bridgewater Road, Wembley, HA0 1AJ
Partial demolition of the existing buildings and structures, the erection of a co-location’ scheme ranging in height from 2 to 7 storeys, incorporating industrial floorspace with residential units, together with associated landscaping, vehicular access arrangements, car and cycle parking, servicing and refuse and recycling facilities.
To GRANT planning permission subject to completion of a legal agreement to secure the planning obligations set out within the Committee report.
That the Head of Planning is granted delegated authority to issue the planning permission and impose conditions and informatives to secure the matters set out within the Committee report.
That the Head of Planning is granted delegated authority to make changes to the wording of the Committee’s decision (such as to delete, vary or add conditions, informatives, planning obligations or reasons for the decision) prior to the decision being actioned, provided that the Head of Planning is satisfied that any such changes could not reasonably be regarded as deviating from the overall principle of the decision reached by the Committee nor that such change(s) could reasonably have led to a different decision having been reached by the Committee.
That, if by the “expiry date” of this application (subject to any amendments/extensions to the expiry date agreed by both parties) the legal agreement has not been completed, the Head of Planning is granted delegated
authority to refuse planning permission.
That the Committee confirms that adequate provision has been made, by the imposition of conditions, for the preservation or planting of trees as required by Section 197 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
Mr Denis Toomey (Planning Officer) introduced the report setting out the key issues and answered Members’ questions. He referenced the supplementary report that set out an additional condition.
Mr Alan Gunn-Jones (agent in remote attendance) addressed the Committee and answered Members’ questions. He drew Members’ attention to the following aspects of the proposal:
· The design process, informed by pre-application consultation, responded to the issues of concern raised by an earlier application for the site by Officers and other statutory consultees and acknowledged the changing policy context at both the local and strategic levels
· The proposal would work together with the approved development proposed for the adjoining site, enhancing and complementing each other and serve as a catalyst for achieving design excellence in the Growth Area and its regeneration.
· The high quality design of the policy compliant proposal would comprise of durable materials with minimal maintenance required over the lifetime of the building.
· Each flat would have a dual aspect encouraging natural cross ventilation and direct daylight, along with individual private amenity outdoor space as well as a mixture of individual and communal outdoor space ranging from play areas (young children), to exercising space for adults and seating and planting for all to enjoy.
During the ensuing discussion, officers addressed Members’ queries on daylight and sunlight aspects of the application adding that the slight infringement was acceptable, on balance. Members were advised that the impact of this development alone would not warrant the need for infrastructure, drawing attention to GP facilities in the nearby Northfields development and the approved proposal for a school in Neasden Lane. In terms of landscaping, there would be a net gain of 8 new trees to replace the existing low value trees.
With no further issues raised and having established that all members had followed the discussions, the Chair thanked all speakers for their contributions and asked members to vote on the recommendation. Members voted by a majority decision to approve the application subject to the amendment and the additional condition set out within the supplementary report.
Granted planning permission, subject to conditions as set out in draft decision notice, updated condition 2 as set out within the supplementary report and the completion of the legal agreement.
Things to do online
- Agenda item - 20/1151 All Units at Dowlings Parade, HNS Autos and Delta Hand Car Wash, Bridgewater Road, Wembley, HA0 1AJ
- What's new
- Committee decisions
- Officer Decisions
- Forward plans
- Your Councillors
- Your MPs
- Your MEPs
- Election Results
- Outside bodies
- Search documents
- Subscribe to updates