Facilities Management (FM) Service – Review of Facilities Management provision and in–house service delivery
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
For Soft FM services (Cleaning and Security
excluding Catering and Hospitality), to decide on whether to
deliver these service packages in-house beyond the current contract
in July 2021.
For Hard FM services (planned/reactive maintenance), to tender for a new provider and extend the outsourced contract to the wider retained estate.
RESOLVED that Cabinet:
(1) Agree that Hard FM services be outsourced on the expiry of the existing contract in July 2021 and to further extend the outsourced Hard FM service arrangements in place at the Civic Centre and The Library at Willesden Green to the wider retained estate buildings to better serve the council’s requirements and give consistency across the corporate portfolio.
(2) Agree that Soft FM services (Security, Portering and Cleaning, but excluding Catering and Hospitality) be delivered in-house beyond the current contract end date in July 2021.
(3) Subject to agreement of (1) and (2) above, delegate to the Strategic Director for Regeneration & Environment approval of the pre-tender considerations for the procurement of a contractor to undertake Hard FM services and thereafter arrange for officers to evaluate tenders on the basis of the approved evaluation criteria.
(4) Delegate authority to the Strategic Director for Regeneration & Environment, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Regeneration, Property and Planning, to award the contract for Hard FM services from July 2021.
(5) To note that no decision is to be made with regard to the Catering and Hospitality Service at this stage, with a separate report to provide specific options for the Catering and Hospitality services to be produced for consideration in the near future.
Reason Key: Signficant expenditure/savings of £500k or more;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Russell Burnaby, Facilities Portfolio Manager Email: Russell.Burnaby@brent.gov.uk Tel: 020 8937 1771.
Report author: Russell Burnaby
Publication date: 10/02/2020
Date of decision: 10/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 10/02/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 18/02/2020