Authority to Tender for Homecare Services in Brent
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval to go out to tender for the
procurement of a Homecare Framework for Older People, Adults, Young
People and Children.
(1) To approve inviting tenders for a framework and contracts for homecare services for adults and children and young people with disabilities on the basis of the pre-tender considerations set out in paragraph 9.7 to the report.
(2) To approve officers evaluating the tenders referred to in (1) above on the basis of the evaluation criteria set out in paragraph 9.7 to the report.
(3) To approve the contractual period for homecare services as three years, with an option to extend for periods of up to a further two years.
(4) To agree that funding is made available to pay homecare workers under the new homecare services arrangements at the London Living Wage from year 1 of the contract as set out in Section 6 of the report.
(5) To delegate authority to award the framework and contracts for homecare services for adults to the Strategic Director, Community Wellbeing in consultation with the Lead Member for Adult Social Care and contracts for homecare services for children and young people with disabilities to the Strategic Director Children and Young People in consultation with the Lead Member for Children's Safeguarding, Early Help and Social Care.
(6) To agree that reablement services are brought back in-house, and instruct officers to begin planning this transition.
Reason Key: Affects more than 2 wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Andrew Davies, Head of Commissioning, Contract and Market Management Email: email@example.com Tel: 020 8937 1609.
Report author: Andrew Davies
Publication date: 11/11/2019
Date of decision: 11/11/2019
Decided at meeting: 11/11/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 19/11/2019