Report from Chairs of Scrutiny Committees
Decision Maker: Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
NOTED the update reports provided by the Chairs of the Community and Wellbeing, Housing and Resources & Public Realm Scrutiny Committees along with the responses provided by:
· Lead Member for Children’s Safeguarding, Early Help and Social Care in relation to the issues raised under the Community and Wellbeing update around the funding and restructure of Local Children’s Safeguarding arrangements as a result of the recent legislative changes and how these would be expected to drive forward further improvements and mitigate issues such as the impact of child poverty, on which the Lead Member advised she would provide a written response.
· Lead Member for Adult Social Care in relation to an issue raised under the Community and Wellbeing update around the monitoring and quality of care providers.
· Lead Member for Housing & Welfare in relation to issues raised under the Housing update regarding renewal of the contract for tenancy advice, decision taken in relation to the landlord licensing fee and update on the programme for installation of fire sprinkler systems in Council high rise blocks (on which the Lead Member advised she would write to the Committee with further details).
· Deputy Leader in relation to issues raised under the Resources and Public Realm update regarding the classification of savings proposals under the budget consultation process and anticipated outcome of the consultation exercise.
Responses were also provided by the relevant Scrutiny Chairs on the following additional questions raised during the open session for this part of the meeting:
· Councillor Ethapemi regarding the funding and review of street cleansing activities.
· Councillor Choudhary regarding the review of funding for Adult Social Care as part of the budget consultation process
· Councillor Nerva regarding the impact of proposed budget reductions in relation to the effective operation of the scrutiny function.
· Councillor Chan on the need to ensure, as an outcome of the budget consultation process, that detailed impact assessments were provided for all savings proposals.
Publication date: 26/11/2018
Date of decision: 26/11/2018
Decided at meeting: 26/11/2018 - Council