Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Estate Parking Report
Cabinet RESOLVED to:
(1) note the contents of the report and approve the proposal to introduce Off Street Controlled Parking through Traffic Management Orders on land owned by the Council within its Housing Revenue Account.
(2) delegate authority to the Strategic Director for Community Wellbeing, in consultation with the Strategic Director for Regeneration and Environment, to carry out statutory consultation in relation to the proposed Traffic Management Orders, consider the consultation responses and thereafter, subject to any modifications as seen fit, to make and implement Traffic Management Orders on land owned by the Council within its Housing Revenue Account.
(3) endorse Option Two as the preferred service delivery option, as set out in paragraphs 4.8.6 to 4.8.12 of the report. This option involved implementing Off Street Controlled Parking through a Traffic Management Order and following implementation, varying the Council’s contract with SERCO to enable them manage the scheme.
(4) note the proposed five pilot sites as set out in paragraph 3.8 of the report and approve the approach to further roll out, subject to an evaluation report, consultation with residents and approval of the capital investment required.
(5) agree to charge residents £50 per annum per vehicle for their parking permits under Off Street Controlled Parking schemes on Council estates.
Reason Key: Affects more than 2 wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Emily-Rae Maxwell, Housing Partnerships Manager Email: Emily-Rae.Maxwell@brent.gov.uk Tel: 020 8937 1131.
Report author: Emily-Rae Maxwell
Publication date: 21/07/2020
Date of decision: 20/07/2020
Decided at meeting: 20/07/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 28/07/2020
- 12. Cabinet Report-Estate Parking 20 July 2020 PDF 143 KB
- 12a. Appendix 1 - Projected cost PDF 324 KB
- 12a(i). Appendix 1 - Projected cost PDF 440 KB
- 12b. Appendix 2 - Condensed Housing Estates Survey Plan PDF 3 MB
- 12c. Appendix 3 - Housing sites survey plan PDF 6 MB
- 12d. Appendix 4 - Prioritised Site Plans PDF 1 MB
- 12e. Appendix 5 - Estate Parking project phases PDF 57 KB